All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHaving an understanding of critical appraisal and evidence-based medicine is a prerequisite to being an effective clinician. However, critical appraisal is often taught by people t involved in day-to-day clinical care, meaning the clinical relevance is t always brought to the fore. This book takes a different approach. It is written by clinicians, for clinicians. It takes the reader step by step through the process so that any journal article can be easily read, evidence evaluated and the results - and their reliability - truly understood. By integrating this with kwledge of local skills and resources and patient preference, the reader will be able to apply the best possible care that his or her patients deserve. This accessible book is suitable for undergraduates and postgraduates of all medical specialties, nursing, paramedics, pharmacists and all allied health professions. It is the ideal reference for anyone needing help writing a clinical topic review, reviewing a paper in a journal club or preparing for a critical appraisal exam. But most importantly, it is essential for those who wish to practice medicine in the best possible way for their patients, using the best evidence, tailored to the individual.
- Author(s)Duncan Bootland,Emily McWhirter,Evan Coughlan,Robert Galloway,Stephanie Goubet
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication23/12/2016
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note42 black & white illustrations, 47 black & white tables
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.