Critical Approaches to Ageing and Later Life by Anne Jamieson, Sarah Harper, Christina R. Victor (Paperback, 1997)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $83.34Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $6.99+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- Description* How are individuals and society ageing towards the end of the twentieth century? * How can different disciplines help us to understand the ageing process? * What are the key developments in postmodern thought and critical studies in relation to ageing and later life? In answer to these questions, the editors of this volume have brought together some of the leading figures in the field. Gathered together for the first time in a single volume, the authors discuss the latest theoretical developments in the international field of ageing. Drawing on research from the USA and UK, the book is strongly multi-disciplinary in content with chapters from both social sciences and humanities. The book provides a critical approach to our understanding of the experience of ageing and later life. It has been written for advanced students of gerontology and those with an interest in ageing and later life, but it is also relevant to policy makers and practitioners in the field. Key features: * First time work from the USA and UK has been available in one volume * Wide coverage of the latest trends and theoretical approaches in gerontology * Issues addressed from a range of disciplines - unusual combination of humanities and social science in one volume * Written by leading experts in the field
- Author BiographyThe editors bring three distinctive approaches to the collection: Anne Jamieson, is Lecturer in Gerontology at Birkbeck College, she has worked extensively on issues of ageing in Europe, co-ordinating the European Commission's Agecare Research Europe programme. Her publications include Home Care for Older People in Europe: policies and practices. Sarah Harper worked on the collection while an Associate Professor in Public Policy at the University of Chicago. She is currently at the Welcome Unit for the History of Medicine, University of Oxford, working on twentieth century health care and ageing. She is the author of Ageing Societies. Christina Victor is a lecturer in Public Health at St George's Medical School. Her book Health and Health Care in Later Life was published by Open University Press.
- Author(s)Anne Jamieson,Christina R. Victor,Sarah Harper
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/08/1997
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleUK Higher Education OUP Humanities & Social Sciences Health & Social Welfare
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteindex
- Weight314 g
- Width60 mm
- Height90 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.