All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $38.17
About this product
- DescriptionCritical Care Nursing: Learning from Practice takes a unique approach to critical care. Based around case scenarios that have the patient as the central focus, each chapter is constructed around an example of a critically ill patient with specific care needs. The chapters then go on to critically explore the kwledge and skills required to deliver expert care. This book looks at a range of critical care scenarios, including: * The patient with acute lung injury * The patient with fever * The patient with an acute kidney injury * The patient with long term needs * The patient with increased intra-abdominal pressure * The Patient following cardiac surgery Each chapter develops kwledge of the related physiology/pathophysiology, appropriate nursing interventions that are research/evidence based, technical skills, data interpretation and critical appraisal skills, enabling the reader to apply fundamental kwledge to more complex patient problems. Critical Care Nursing: Learning from Practice is an essential resource for practitioners faced with complex and challenging patient cases.
- Author BiographySuzanne Bench is a Lecturer in Critical Care Nursing at the Florence Nightingale School of Nursing and Midwifery, Kings College London. She is also Link lecturer for the Intensive Care unit at St Thomas Hospital Kate Brown is Lecturer in Critical Care Nursing. Course leader for post registration High Dependency Nursing courses and the Physiology for nursing at the Florence Nightingale School of Nursing and Midwifery, Kings College London.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication05/04/2011
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight520 g
- Width170 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byKate Brown,Suzanne Bench
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.