All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCritical care medicine is a dynamic and exciting arena where complex pathophysiologic states require extensive kwledge and up-to-date clinical information. An extensive k- edge of basic pathophysiology, as well as awareness of the appropriate diagstic tests and treatments that are used to optimize care in the critically ill is essential. Since our frst edition 7 years ago, new information crucial to the care and understanding of the critically ill patient has rapidly accumulated. Because this kwledge base crosses many different disciplines, a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach presenting the information is essential, similar to the multidisciplinary approach that is used to care for the critically ill patient. We have strived to provide this content in an easily digestible format that uses a variety of teaching tools to facilitate understanding of the presented concepts and to enhance information retention. To meet the demand to provide comprehensive and diverse education in order to und- stand the pathogenesis and optimum care of a variety of critical illnesses, we have subst- tially revised the prior topics in the frst edition with updated information. We have also markedly expanded the number of topics covered to include acute lung injury and the acute respiratory distress syndrome, an expanded discussion of the physiology and operation of mechanical ventilation, obstetrical care in the ICU, neurosurgical emergencies, acute co- nary syndromes, cardiac arrhythmias, role of whole body rehabilitation in the ICU, ethical conduct of human research in the ICU, and nursing care of the ICU patient.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/07/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note350 black & white illustrations, 30 black & white tables, biography
- Weight2540 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine53 mm
- Edited byGerard J. Criner,Gilbert E. D'Alonzo,Rodger E. Barnette
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2010
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $120.58Trending at AU $139.18
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.74
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.74
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.