All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCritical Care in Childbearing for Midwives is a comprehensive, up-to-date guide surrounding the support, care and management of critically ill women in childbearing specifically written for midwives. Many women who have higher-risk pregnancies, complications or medical conditions require specialist obstetric or multidisciplinary care. Increasingly women, whose condition deteriorates and becomes critical during childbirth, are being cared for by midwives in obstetric high dependency units within the labour ward, rather than being cared for by nurses in ITU. Critical Care in Childbearing for Midwives explores all aspects of management, support and care of childbearing women who become critically ill due to pre-existing conditions or who develop critical illness as a result of complications of childbearing. It examines predisposing factors which result in the need for critical care, addresses specialist monitoring techlogy and skills, and explores automous practice and team approaches to providing care for critically ill women in childbearing.
- Author BiographyMary Billington and Mandy Stevenson are both senior lecturers in midwifery at the School of Health and Social Care, University of Greenwich.
- Author(s)Mandy Stevenson,Mary Billington
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication03/01/2007
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Note6 illustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $23.24
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.