All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $93.99Trending at AU $102.55
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $49.72Trending at AU $53.97
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.87
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $11.94
- AU $5.95Trending at AU $6.01
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.69
About this product
- DescriptionA master of extreme situations, Charles Dickens populated his vels with unforgettable characters and elaborate settings. Critical Companion to Charles Dickens is an essential reference to everything one needs to kw about Dickens and his work. This revised, reorganized, and fully updated revision of Charles Dickens A to Z contains extensive updates, including expanded commentary on the vels and on the major characters, as well as updates to reflect the latest in Dickens scholarship. This comprehensive, single-volume reference contains entries on this writer's works, including the characters in each work, crucial historical and thematic information, and critical discussion. It also includes entries on related people, places, themes, topics, and influences. Additional features include 50 illustrations, a chrology, a bibliography of primary and secondary sources, and much more. Coverage includes: a detailed discussion of Dickens' life; sypses and critical examinations of Dickens's published works, major and mir, with extensive analyses of his major vels, including David Copperfield , Bleak House , Oliver Twist , A Christmas Carol , and more; entries on the characters in his fiction, with major characters receiving extensive commentary; profiles of friends, family, and contemporaries, as well as the places important to Dickens' life and fiction; and discussions of themes and important, broader topics.
- Author(s)Paul Davis
- PublisherFacts On File Inc
- Date of Publication15/12/2006
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleCritical Companion Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFacts On File Inc
- Content Note50 illustrations, index, bibliographies, cross-references, chronology
- Width187 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition StatementRevised ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.