All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionGeorge Orwell is one of the great writers of the 20th century, famous for his direct and powerful style as well as for his fictional condemnations of totalitarianism. The new Critical Companion to George Orwell is an up-to-date and useful reference to Orwell's life and work for high school and college-level students. All his works are covered, including two of the most-recognized vels of the 20th century: Animal Farm and Nineteen Eighty-Four ; his famous essays, such as Politics and the English Language and Shooting an Elephant ; his book-length nfiction, such as Homage to Catalonia and Down and Out in Paris and London ; and more. Also included are detailed entries on his life and related people, places, and topics. The entries include: sypses and critical assessments of all of Orwell's work; descriptions of characters in Orwell's fiction, such as Winston Smith, Napoleon the pig, and more; descriptions of people, places, and topics important in Orwell's life and work, such as communism, the Spanish Civil War, and more; and appendixes, including a chrology and a bibliography of primary and secondary sources.
- Author BiographyEdward Quinn is a professor emeritus of English at the City College of New York and holds a Ph.D. from New York University. He has written or edited several major reference works, including A Dictionary of Literary and Thematic Terms, Second Edition and History in Literature for Facts On File, as well as The Reader's Encyclopedia of Shakespeare and The Reader's Encyclopedia of World Drama. He lives in Brooklyn, New York.
- Author(s)Edward Quinn
- PublisherFacts On File Inc
- Date of Publication15/07/2009
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCritical Companion Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFacts On File Inc
- Content Noteblack-&-white photographs & illustrations, index, bibliographies, cross-references, chronology
- Weight1089 g
- Width190 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.