All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionThe educational climate in the United States is ripe for dialogue and interrogation of tions of what should be taught in schools. The editors and contributors to this volume present descriptive, interpretive, ethgraphic, autoethgraphic, case study, essay, visual, and poetic work that focuses on the challenges to curriculum transformation, including the multifaceted ways that educators fight for a more socially, culturally, linguistically, and politically responsive curriculum. The contributors provide snapshots from homes, classrooms, and community spaces in an effort to illustrate how curricular approaches and implementation can offer counter-hegemonic agentry for emancipatory and democratic learning opportunities.
- Author BiographyLisa William-White (PhD, University of California at Davis) is Associate Professor of Education in the Department of Graduate and Professional Studies in Education at Cali.fornia State University, Sacramento and is an educator at San Joaquin Delta College in Stockton, California. Dana Muccular (BA and MA, California State University, Sacramento) is a behavioral analyst for children with Autism Spectrum Disorders, mental, emotional, and mild to severe physical disabilities. Gary Muccular (BA and MA, California State University, Sacramento) is a social worker for a private foster family agency in Sacramento, Caifornia. Ayanna F. Brown (PhD, Vanderbilt University) engages teacher candidates and practitioners in developing a critical lens of pedagogy and an examination of self in relationship to a philosophy of service, advocacy, and community. She is an associate professor at Elmhurst College in Elmhurst, Illinois.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication31/05/2013
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Series TitleCritical Qualitative Research
- Series Part/Volume Number9
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight550 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byAyanna F. Brown,Dana Muccular,Gary Muccular,Lisa William-White
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.