All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $36.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis book focuses on the prophylactic potential of diet-derived factors in primary prevention of cancer. It is written by a group of highly reputed experts in the area of dietary agents and cancer chemoprevention. The translational potential of dietary factors from epidemiological, laboratory and clinical studies as prevention strategy in rmal and risk populations is highlighted. The work presents options of routine inclusion of specific dietary regimens for prevention as well as therapeutic strategy for better management through adjuvant interventions in cancer treatment.
- Author BiographyMohammad Fahad Ullah is Assistant Professor of biochemistry at the Faculty of Applied Medical Sciences and a Research scientist at Prince Fahd Research Centre, University of Tabuk, Saudi Arabia. He received his academic degrees in biochemistry from Aligarh Muslim University, India, followed by studies on cancer cell signaling in cellular & animal models of lung and pancreatic cancer at Experimental Oncology laboratory, Department of Biomedical & Diagnostic Sciences, University of Tennessee, USA. His research interest is in the field of novel plant- or diet-derived chemopreventive compounds and the assessment of their mechanism of action and translational potential. He is member of the editorial / reviewer board of a number of scientific journals. Aamir Ahmad is a Research Scientist at the Wayne State University, Dpt. of Pathology, and Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, MI. His research interests include elucidating novel targets for therapy in aggressive breast cancers with special focus on key signaling pathways and microRNAs-mediated regulation of metastases and drug-resistance. Dr. Ahmad has authored close to 150 scientific publications and also serves as an academic editor for the journal PLOS One.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication07/10/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Notebiography
- Weight748 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byAamir Ahmad,Mohammad Fahad Ullah
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.