Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.88
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
About this product
- DescriptionChallenging the current state of public education and teacher preparation, this book argues for a re-imagination of teacher education through a critical feminist and critical education perspective. Offering a rich discussion of the promise and pedagogy of self-reflexivity and testimonio, which emerges from critical feminism, this book brings together theory and practice in critical feminism, critical education, and testimonio to serve as a platform in which to reconceptualize the philosophy of traditional teacher education, arguing that too many programs prepare teachers who often preserve, rather than challenge, the status quo.
- Author BiographyJennifer Gale de Saxe is Assistant Professor of Education, Lewis and Clark College, USA.
- Author(s)Jennifer Gale De Saxe
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/04/2016
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleRoutledge Research in Teacher Education
- Series Part/Volume Number8
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight385 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.