All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.50
About this product
- DescriptionTerrorism threats and increased school and workplace violence have always generated headlines, but in recent years, the response to these events has received heightened media scrutiny. Critical Incident Management: A Complete Resource Guide, Second Edition provides evidence-based, tested, and proven methodologies applicable to a host of scenarios that may be encountered in the public and private sector. Filled with tactical direction designed to prevent, contain, manage, and resolve emergencies and critical incidents efficiently and effectively, this volume explores: * The phases of a critical incident response and tasks that must be implemented to stabilize the scene * Leadership style and techniques required to manage a critical incident successfully * The National Incident Management System (NIMS) and the Incident Command System (ICS) * Guidelines for responding to hazardous materials and weapons of mass destruction incidents * Critical incident stress management for responders * Maintaining continuity of business and delivery of products or services in the face of a crisis * Roles of high-level personnel in setting policy and direction for the response and recovery efforts Augmented by Seven Critical Tasks(TM) that have been the industry standard for emergency management and response, the book guides readers through every aspect of a critical incident: from taking initial scene command, to managing resources, to resolution, and finally to recovery and mitigation from the incident. The authors' company, BowMac Educational Services, Inc., presently conducts five courses certified by the Department of Homeland Security. These hands-on Simulation Based Courses will prepare your personnel to handle any unexpected scenario. For additional information contact: 585-624-9500 or email@example.com.
- Author BiographyVincent F. Faggiano retired from the Rochester Police Department (RPD) after 32 years of service. During his career, he responded to and was directly responsible for managing the response to numerous critical incidents. He was awarded the Medal of Valor for his lifesaving actions at the scene of a barricaded gunman/hostage police-shooting incident. John W. McNall has dedicated 40+ years to education, service, training, and consulting in the public safety field. Mr. McNall has conducted executive training and other sessions in major cities such as New York, Boston, Philadelphia, and Chicago, as well in the smallest communities in New York, Pennsylvania, Colorado, and New Mexico. Thomas T. Gillespie (Deceased) had a dedicated and distinguished career in law enforcement, the Army, and private sectors until his death in 2004. He performed extensive training for businesses-as well as federal, state, and local law enforcement-on such topics as policy, procedure, and executive and supervisory programs, among many others.
- Author(s)John McNall,Thomas T. Gillespie,Vincent Faggiano
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication11/11/2011
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note26 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white tables
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.