All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionMajor paradigm shifts -replacing one world view with ather- regarding what constitutes appropriate kwledge do t happen over- night. Centuries usually intervene in the process. Even mir shifts- admitting alternative world views into the domain of legitimate kwledge- producing theory and practice-require decades of controversy, especially, it seems to us, in the field of education. It has only been in the last 20 years or so that the educational research community has begun to accept the scientific credibility of the qualitative approaches to inquiry such as participant observation, case study, ethgra- phy, and the like. In fact, these methods, with their long and distinguished philosophical traditions in phemelogy, have really only come into their own within the last decade. The critical perspective on generating and evaluating kwledge and practice-what this book is mostly about-is in many ways a radical depar- ture from both the more traditional quantitative and qualitative perspec- tives. The traditional approaches, in fact, are far more similar to one ather than they are to the critical perspective. This is the case, in our view, for one crucial reason: Both the more quantitative, empirical-analytic and qualitative, interpretive traditions share a fundamental epistemological commitment: they both eschew ideology and human interests as explicit components in their paradigms of inquiry. Ideology and human interests, however, are the bread and butter of a critical approach to inquiry.
- PublisherKluwer Academic Publishers
- Date of Publication30/09/1986
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleEvaluation in Education and Human Services
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 13
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKluwer Academic Publishers
- Content Notebiography
- Weight565 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byKenneth A. Sirotnik,etc.
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.