All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the past decade, Critical Race Theory (CRT) scholars in education have produced a significant body of work theorizing the impact of race and racism in education. Critical Race Theory Matters provides a comprehensive and accessible overview of this influential movement, shining its keen light on specific issues within education. Through clear and accessible language, the authors synthesize scholarship in the field, highlight major themes and assumptions, and examine strategies of resistance and practices for challenging the existing inequalities in education. By linking theory to everyday practices in today's classroom, students will understand how CRT is relevant to a host of timely topics, from macro-policies such as Bilingual Education and Affirmative Action to micro-policies such as classroom management and curriculum. Moving beyond identifying problems into the realm of problem solving, Critical Race Theory Matters is a call to action to put into praxis a radical new vision of education in support of equality and social justice.
- Author BiographyMargaret M. Zamudio was Assistant Professor in the Department of Sociology at the University of Wyoming. Caskey Russell is Assistant Professor in the Department of English at the University of Wyoming. Francisco A. Rios is Professor of Educational Studies at the University of Wyoming. Jacquelyn L. Bridgeman is Associate Professor at the College of Law, University of Wyoming.
- Author(s)Christopher Russell,Francisco Rios,Jacquelyn L. Bridgeman,Margaret Zamudio
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/10/2010
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.