All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionAddressed to researchers in Applied Linguistics, and to professional teachers working in, or studying teaching and learning processes in, multilingual classrooms, Critical Reading in Language Education offers a distinctive contribution to the question of how foreign language learners can be helped to acquire effective literacy in English. At the heart of the book is first-hand classroom research by the author as both teacher and researcher, demonstrating an invative research methodology and empirical evidence to support a critical reading pedagogy.
- Author BiographyCATHERINE WALLACE is Reader in Education at the Institute of Education, University of London, UK. She teaches on the MA TESOL at the Institute and is the co-ordinator of an Advanced Diploma in Minority Ethnic Achievement. She has a number of publications in the field of early literacy and the teaching of reading to learners of English as a second or foreign language. These include: Learning to Read in a Multicultural Society: The Social Context of Second Language Literacy (1988) and Reading (1992).
- Author(s)Catherine Wallace
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication25/11/2003
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight296 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.