All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.99Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionCritical Realist Activity Theory provides an exciting new contribution to the New Studies in Critical Realism and Education series by showing how the nature of learning is tantamount to the critical realist tion of the dialectic. The science of learning is too important to leave solely to the sciences; it needs philosophy as well. The task of this book is to take a further step and clear the conceptual field for an ontologically grounded view of the science of learning through critical realism, making use of dialectical critical realism and the philosophy of meta-Reality, as well as basic critical realism. The objective of the book is neither to accommodate the nature of learning to strategies and techniques, r to adjust to the demands of institutions and authorities. Its key goal is to explain how the very nature of learning constitutes itself; that is, its aim is to explain how a stratum of learning emerges out of the need to absent something that has been left out in human reality. In this precise sense, the book does much more than simply reveal the aspects of reality that have been omitted from the conceptualization of learning, it helps to reformulate a proper understanding of the nature of learning. An implication of this understanding of learning is that it begins to advance the fundamental question of what it means to be a human being. This book will be of great interest to academics and students interested in Vygotsky, Luria, Activity Theory and Critical Realism more generally across both Europe and the US.
- Author BiographyIskra Nunez completed her Ph.D. at the Institute of Education, University of London in April 2012. Her research interests lie in the areas of philosophy, learning sciences, and mathematics. She holds an M.S. in applied mathematics from the University of Iowa and a B.S. in mathematics from the University of Texas-El Paso.
- Author(s)Iskra Nunez
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/08/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleNew Studies in Critical Realism and Education Routledge Critical Realism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.