All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionThis thoroughly updated third edition of Critical Theory Today offers an accessible introduction to contemporary critical theory, providing in-depth coverage of the most common approaches to literary analysis today, including: feminism; psychoanalysis; Marxism; reader-response theory; New Criticism; structuralism and semiotics; deconstruction; new historicism and cultural criticism; lesbian, gay, and queer theory; African American criticism and postcolonial criticism. This new edition features: * a major expansion of the chapter on postcolonial criticism that includes topics such as Nordicism, globalization and the 'end' of postcolonial theory, global tourism and global conservation * an extended explanation of each theory, using examples from everyday life, popular culture, and literary texts * a list of specific questions critics ask about literary texts * an interpretation of F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby through the lens of each theory * a list of questions for further practice to guide readers in applying each theory to different literary works * updated and expanded bibliographies Both engaging and rigorous, this is a how-to book for undergraduate and graduate students new to critical theory and for college professors who want to broaden their repertoire of critical approaches to literature.
- Author BiographyLois Tyson is Professor Emerita of English at Grand Valley State University, USA. She is author of Critcal Theory Today, 3rd edition, Using Critical Theory, 2nd edition and Psychological Politics of the American Dream: The Commodification of Subjectivity in Twentieth-Century American Literature.
- Author(s)Lois Tyson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/10/2014
- SubjectLiterary Theory
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight793 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.