CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionIn Critical Thinking in Language Learning long-time professor of Spanish, Engracia Angrill Schuster, proposes practical changes in our approach to language instruction, mainly giving culture its rightful role as a driving force for communication. The result of extensive research and professional experience, the book offers a systematic approach for curriculum developers and instructors wanting to teach language and culture simultaneously-creating an environment that emphasizes language acquisition through cultural inquiry and exploration. Intended primarily for higher education, many of Schuster's ideas and tactics are netheless well-suited to the second language K-12 curricula.
- Author BiographyOriginally from Spain, Professor Engracia Angrill Schuster holds two Master's degrees; one in Spanish language, literature and culture and another in Foreign Language Education, both from Syracuse University. A professor and coordinator of Spanish at Onondaga Community College (State University of New York) since 1996, she is a 2006 recipient of SUNY's Chancellor Award for Excellence in Teaching. Her research focuses on the role of culture and critical thinking in second language learning.
- Author(s)Engracia Angrill Schuster
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication28/07/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight168 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edited byErin Dougherty
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.