Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.01Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.76Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWould you like to learn to crochet? Already kw the basics, but would like to stretch your crocheting skills? From scarves and sweaters to hats and handbags, you can create beautiful, useful designs with ease using Crochet Patterns For Dummies. From choosing the right hooks and yarn and crocheting basic stitches to joining pieces together, this easy-to-follow guide will have you hooked in time. Our hands-on workbook gets you crocheting fashionable, fun designs in a focused, step-by-step manner. You get a review of the basic stitches and stitch combinations, along with a concise appendix containing easy-to-follow instructions for working these stitches. You'll find plenty of tips on changing colors and adding shape to your projects. Plus, you get full-color photos of every project-from potholders to afghans, belts to table runners, skirts to vests, and much more. You'll also discover how to:* Decipher crochet lingo* Make a gauge swatch, read a pattern, and understand garment sizing* Work with the most common stitches and stitch patterns* Crochet in the round or with color* Shape a design through increasing or decreasing stitches* Use new techniques like felting and working with wire* Crochet pictures and words using the filet crochet technique There are also quick-and-easy designs that are great for kids to make, as well as handy hints on caring for your finished items. Featuring more than 50 fantastic patterns perfect for beginners or those wanting to take their skills to the next level, Crochet Patterns For Dummies is your one-stop guide to crocheting success!
- Author BiographySusan Brittain's fascination with crochet began very early, when she was 4 or 5 years old. She would watch her grandmother, who had lost her sight in midlife, spend hours crocheting beautiful afghans for friends and family, counting the stitches with her fingers. By the age of 8, Susan was crocheting her own projects, starting with simple patterns such as scarves, and then moving on to afghans, toys, and sweaters. Although her creative streak has led her to learn many different crafts, crochet has been a steady thread throughout. Susan finally had the opportunity to combine work with pleasure, and she held the position of assistant editor for Crochet Fantasy magazine for a little more than two years, contributing as a designer as well. She is also the coauthor of Crocheting For Dummies (Wiley) and continues to design new projects for various yarn companies, as well as friends and family.
- Author(s)Susan Brittain
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication09/10/2007
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight604 g
- Width209 mm
- Height273 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.77
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.