All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.25Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionDiet is a huge priority for anyone living with Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis. The authors provide crucial guidance for families, friends and carers too in helping to manage IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease) symptoms. This updated second edition, in a very informative and easy-to-understand manner, provides all the necessary guidelines regarding the specific foods that might cause problems, as well as delicious and nutritious recipes that can be enjoyed without compromising this difficult condition. The reliable answers from one of the world's top gastroenterology teams cover everything from the facts, causes and symptoms of IBD to the latest and most relevant information on drug therapies and surgical therapies - in an easy-to-understand format. With its informative charts and graphs the additional 25 new recipes provide sumptuous breakfast ideas like Banana Cinnamon Quia Waffles, comfort foods like Old-Fashioned Tuna Noodle Casserole and vegetarian favourites like Slow Cooker Squash Couscous. Breakfasts, Breads and Muffins: Orange Apricot Oatmeal Scones, Banana Bread, Oatmeal Pancakes. Snacks and Beverages: Strawberry Orange Flaxseed Smoothie, Luscious Apple Butter. Soups: Carrot and Ginger Soup, Beef Barley Soup, Creamy Cauliflower Soup. Salads: Warm Thai Chicken Salad, Scandinavian Pasta Salad. Meat and Poultry: Spicy Peanut Chicken, Pork Chops with Peaches and Kiwi Fruit. Fish and Seafood: Potato Pancakes with Smoked Salmon, Tandoori Haddock. Vegetarian and Vegan Entrees: Spinach Frittata, Aubergine Pilaf, Asian-Style Baked Tofu. Pasta and Side Dishes: Linguine Alfredo, Mac and Cheese with Tomatoes.
- Author BiographyDr. A. Hillary Steinhart, MD, MSc, FRCP(C), is head of the Combined Division of Gastroenterology for Mount Sinai Hospital in Toronto. He is an Associate Professor in the Department of Medicine at the University of Toronto. Julie Cepo, BSc, BASc, RD, is the in-patient clinical dietitian for the Gastrointestinal Program at Mount Sinai Hospital. She specializes in parenteral and enteral nutrition support, and perioperative diet education.
- Author(s)Hillary Steinhart,Julie Cepo
- PublisherRobert Rose Inc
- Date of Publication15/05/2014
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintRobert Rose Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight603 g
- Width128 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.