All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLiving with Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis can be a tremendous challenge, so actually understanding inflammatory bowel disease is the key to developing effective management strategies. The first edition of Dr. Steinhart's book has over 50,000 copies in print and has been recognized by practitioners and patients alike for its invaluable information on the subject. This new edition will feature twenty per cent new content based on the most current evidence from the most reputable sources and it follows new standards of practice for diagsis and treatment. This will include information on the possible underlying causes, clinical features, and effective treatments of Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. Additional case studies will be featured which help to demonstrate successful treatment at work and the interior pages have been redesigned to be even more accessible. Handy charts will summarize key information and Did You Kw features will introduce new research finding in a friendly, easy-to - understand approach. The popular frequently asked questions section remains as does the friendly but firm approach that proved to be successful in the first edition. While there is ultimate cure for either condition, Dr. Steinhart's expert guidance will take patients a long way toward improving their health and quality of life, as providing reassurance to their loved ones.
- Author BiographyDr. A. Hillary Steinhart, MD, MSc, FRCP (C) is Head of the Combined Division of Gastroenterology for Mount Sinai Hospital and the University Health Network in Toronto. He is also an Associate Professor in the Department of Medicine at the University of Toronto. His research interests are in the areas of clinical trials, outcomes assessments, and the genetics of in!ammatory bowel diseases.
- Author(s)Dr. A. Hillary Steinhart
- PublisherRobert Rose Inc
- Date of Publication12/04/2012
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintRobert Rose Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width178 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $33.17Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.