Crone's Book of Magical Words: 128 Incantations, Instructions and Spells by Valerie Worth (Paperback, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.93Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.04Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCrone's Book of Magical Words (previously published as The Crone's Book of Words) by Valerie Worth is the book you've been waiting for! In its pages are over 125 spells, incantations, and charms. If you can think of a purpose for a spell, it's probably in this book. Need a spell to summon a ghost? Or perhaps you want the opposite: a spell to free a house from being haunted. They're both in this book. Do you need something to help you lose weight or have longevity? You'll find them here. Or perhaps you want to pass through a locked door. It's all in this book. Even if you don't kw a thing about magic, you can use this book. The spells are easy, poetic, and evocative. For example, to cure a wart the instructions are: Stamp within a silver cup mullein and houseleek together. Stir them with a sparrow's feather. Let it draw the juices up; Twenty times upon one day, brush them over the excrescence; Under sunlight dry the essence--Soon the wart must shrink away. The range in this book is phemenal. You'll find a simple fertility charm and a way to conjure with smoke. You'll read about how to bring rain and how to stop rain from falling. You'll learn how to tell fortunes with sand or with tea leaves. This is more than just a book about magic, it is a folklorist's bonanza. If you're ready to win ather's love or to sweeten someone's disposition, if you want to turn hair long and golden or discover tree spirits, this is the book you must have. Whether you have been doing magic for a long time or are a beginner, this book is a must.
- Author BiographyValerie Worth was a prolific writer whose work included numerous books of children's poetry and fiction for both young people and adults. In 1991, the National Council of Teachers of English honored her with their Poetry Award for Excellence in Poetry for Children. Her Poems are vivid observations of the quiet rumblings of everyday objects. In all her writing, the careful attention to rhythm and sound and her striking images and metaphors make for engaging reading. Valerie Worth was born in Philadelphia, and as a child she lived in Pennsylvania, Florida and India. She attended Swarthmore College and graduated in 1955. Afterwards, she settled in Clinton, New York, and continued he Writing. She had many other interests, including astronomy, gardening and meditation. Valerie Worth died in 1994. She is survived by her husband, George Bahlke, and three children.
- Author(s)Valerie Worth
- PublisherLlewellyn Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication23/11/1999
- SubjectThe Occult & Mythology
- Place of PublicationMinnesota
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLlewellyn Publications,U.S.
- Out-of-print date19/03/2015
- Content Noteill
- Weight113 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.