All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 1737 this book holds a special place among the tremendous amount of Puritan literature that was produced during that time. Thomas Boston was rewned for his clearly understood English and the manner in which he maintained that clarity while conveying messages of great depth. The Crook in the Lot is introduced to us by J. I. Packer. In an extensive prologue he shows how Boston's advice remains deeply relevant today. Boston was t preaching merely from his theological understanding, he was speaking from direct personal experience. Boston had real thorns to deal with himself, ranging from his wife's paralyzing depression to his own experiences living for years with what were probably kidney stones. He brings his own unique combination of wonderfully profound and yet immensely practical advice to bear to give us a work of lasting impact.
- Author BiographyThomas Boston held a pastorate with a very small Congregation in Simprin, Scotland until 1707. He was an extremely popular preacher, though self-effacing - considering that he had but small talents. He was reluctant to publish his works, although he wrote out completely all of his sermons before they were preached. Many, however, came to be published after his death at the age of 57.
- Author(s)Thomas Boston
- PublisherChristian Focus Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication20/05/2012
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationTain
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChristian Focus Publications Ltd
- Weight159 g
- Width127 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Introduction byDr J I Packer
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.