All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.34Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionAfter a childhood of summers spent in the back seat of a car, and four months before the turn of the millenium, M.M. Justus decided to follow in the footsteps of her heroes John Steinbeck and William Least-Heat Moon, t to mention Bill Bryson, and drive alone across America's backroads for three months. Like the bear going over the mountain, she wanted to see what she could see. The places she explored ranged from the homely to the exotic, from the Little Town on the Prairie to Scotty's Castle, from New York's Twin Towers to an alien landing site in Wyoming. From sw in Vermont to the tropical heat of New Orleans. After over 14,000 miles, history both public and personal, and a life-changing event, she finally arrived back where she'd started from, only to discover it wasn't the same place she'd left behind at all.
- Author BiographyM.M. Justus spent most of her childhood summers in the back seat of a car, traveling with her parents to almost every national park west of the Mississippi and a great many places in between. She holds degrees in British and American literature and history and library science, and a certificate in museum studies. In her other life, she's held jobs as far flung as hog farm bookkeeper, music school secretary, professional dilettante (aka reference librarian), and museum curator. Her other interests include quilting, gardening, meteorology, and the travel bug she inherited from her father, including multiple trips back to her favorite Grand Geyser and the rest of Yellowstone. She lives on the rainy side of the Cascade mountains in Washington state within easy reach of her other favorite national park, Mt. Rainier. Please visit her website at http: //mmjustus.com, and her blog at http: //mmjustus.wordpress.com.
- Author(s)M M Justus
- Date of Publication02/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.