All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume discusses a variety of aspects of cross-curricularity in language learning and teaching. It highlights the multidimensional character of language classes conducted at different educational levels, from pre-school to the university level, and discusses several important issues from a theoretical perspective, providing certain practical solutions and implications to the enumerated problems. The material of the book is divided into four parts, essentially reflecting the main areas of interest here. These parts deal with such tions as language learning and teaching; media in foreign language didactics; art and literature in language education; and (inter-)culturality and cross-curricularity in language learning and teaching. The book will be particularly useful to teacher-practitioners and scholars interested in various forms of integrating the content of different school subjects in language education.
- Author BiographyMarek Krawiec received his PhD from the School of English of Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan, Poland, in 2009. He is a Senior Lecturer at the Institute of Humanities of the Angelus Silesius State School of Higher Vocational Education in Walbrzych, Poland. He is also a teacher of English in the Complex of Secondary Schools No. 1 in Krotoszyn, and a Lecturer in the Philological School of Higher Education in Wroclaw. His teaching practice encompasses a range of subjects, including EFL at all levels, BA and MA seminars, the methodology of teaching foreign languages, introduction to linguistics, descriptive grammar and cultural studies. His research interests focus on foreign language education and on selected aspects of socio- and ethno-linguistics. He is particularly interested in the project work method and a cross-curricular approach to language learning and teaching. He is the author of numerous articles in the field of language learning and teaching, and the editor of the volume Od jezyka do kultury, literatury, sztuki i mediow [From Language to Culture, Literature, Art and Media] (Walbrzych, 2012).
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/03/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Weight517 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byMarek Krawiec
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.