Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis book contributes to the growing field of foreign language teaching and testing by shedding light on mediation between languages. Stathopoulou offers an empirically-grounded definition of mediation as a form of translanguaging and offers tools and methods for further research in multilingual testing. The book explores what cross-language mediation entails, what processes and strategies are involved, and the challenges often faced by mediators. As well as stressing the importance of administering tests which favour cross-language mediation practices, the author encourages the implementation of language programmes which promote the mingling-of-languages idea and target the development of language learners' effective translanguaging practices. Researchers studying translanguaging, multilingualism, multilingual testing and the use of mother tongue in the foreign language classroom will all find this book of interest.
- Author BiographyMaria Stathopoulou is a Research Fellow at the RCeL (Research Centre for Language Teaching, Testing and Assessment), National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, an Adjunct Lecturer at the National Technical University of Athens and a Tutor at the Hellenic Open University. Her research interests include foreign language teaching and testing, translanguaging and multilingual practices and assessment of written performance. She is also an expert member of the ad hoc working group concerning the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), Council of Europe, Strasbourg.
- Author(s)Maria Stathopoulou
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication10/09/2015
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleNew Perspectives on Language and Education
- Series Part/Volume Number43
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.