All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor the past two decades efforts to halt the decline in union numbers and revitalize the labour movement have largely resided in social movement unionism (SMU). In the first English-language book to compare SMU in Japan, Korea and the United States, scholars from the three countries examine its emergence as a response to neoliberal globalization. Cross-National Comparisons of Social Movement Unionism moves beyond previous studies of SMU and union revitalization which have focussed on the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and Australia. The eleven chapters offer empirical and theoretical analyses of the impact of SMU on existing labour movements, and explain the mediating factors that account for the diversity of SMU across national boundaries, arguing that its forms and activities are mediated by different institutional, political and ecomic contexts.
- Author BiographyAkira Suzuki is Professor at the Ohara Institute for Social Research, Hosei University in Tokyo. He has written numerous articles in English and in Japanese on industrial relations and labour history in Japan and on social movement unionism in Japan and the United States.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication16/10/2012
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleTrade Unions Past, Present and Future
- Series Part/Volume Number18
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight520 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAkira Suzuki
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.34
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $37.57
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.55
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.68
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $80.34
- AU $48.62Trending at AU $54.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.