All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionCross Words refers to cultural hybrids, trans-cultural alliances, and associations. This fascinating compendium documents--in essays, conversations, and socratic raps--the vital work poets perform when they write across borders. Anne Waldman is the author of more than forty collections of poetry, the editor of numerous anthologies, and, for The Iovis Trilogy, the winner of the Shelley Memorial Award and the USA PEN Center Award for Poetry. She is a chancellor of the Academy of American Poets. Laura Wright is a poet, translator, and librarian. With Anne Waldman, she co-edited Beats at Naropa (Coffee House Press, 2009).
- Author BiographyAnne Waldman, poet, professor, cultural activist, and co-founder, with Allen Ginsberg, of one of the most vital writing programs in the world--the Jack Kerouac School of Disembodied Poetics--is the author of more than 40 collections of her own poetry and the editor of numerous anthologies including Nice to See You (Homage to Ted Berrigan), The Beat Book, and Civil Disobediences: Poetics and Politics in Action. She is the winner of the Shelley Memorial Award and the USA PEN Center Award for Poetry 2012 for her monumental feminist epic The Iovis Trilogy: Colors in the Mechanism of Concealment. She received a Guggenheim Fellowship 2013-14 and is a Chancellor of the Academy of American Poets. Laura E. Wright is a poet, translator, and librarian; she has also worked as a classical musician and a volunteer firefighter/EMT. She has published various chapbooks and one full-length collection of poems, Part of the Design (Meeting Eyes Bindery, 2005). With Anne Waldman, she co-edited Beats at Naropa (Coffee House Press, 2009), a collection of talks given at Naropa University. Her translation (with Anselm Hollo) of Henri Michaux's La vie dans les plis (Life in the Folds) is in search of a home. From 1999-2006 she curated/co-curated (with Mark DuCharme and then Daron Mueller) the Left Hand Reading Series in Boulder. She was a co-editor, from 2001-2005, of Potato Clock Editions, the publishing arm of the School of Continuation. She also manages LitCal, a listserve/group that was started in 2000 by Kass Fleisher announcing literary events in the Front Range area.
- PublisherCoffee House Press
- Date of Publication26/06/2014
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationMN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCoffee House Press
- Content Noteprinted music items
- Weight485 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAnne Waldman,Laura Wright
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.