All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $33.19
- AU $34.13Trending at AU $37.90
About this product
- DescriptionJoe Eszterhas knew a lot about darkness. Growing up in refugee camps and then in America's back alleys, he used this kwledge, first as a journalist, and then as a wildly successful screenwriter of sexually graphic and violent films like Basic Instinct, Jagged Edge, and Jade. Then, on a hellishly hot day in 2001, desperately battling to survive throat cancer and his addictions to alcohol and cigarettes, Joe Eszterhas found God. Or God found him. And he came from darkness into light. Crossbearer is the moving, and sometimes funny, story of a man who turned his back on the wild world he'd immersed himself in for far too long to embrace a new life full of faith, family and love. During his journey, Eszterhas discovers God in the most surprising places: a family game of baseball, a child's photograph of a cloud, a dying mother's dying roses. Through it all, he remains thoroughly himself wearing a Rolling Stones T-shirt as he carried the cross down the church aisle but becomes a better version of himself than he'd been before.
- Author BiographyJoe Eszterhas has written the screenplays for sixteen films that have made more than a billion dollars at the box office. Among them are Basic Instinct, Jagged Edge, Flashdance and Showgirls. A former senior editor at Rolling Stone, he is the author of five previous books the second, Charlie Simpson's Apocalypse, was nominated for the National Book Award. The father of seven children, he lives with his wife, Naomi, and their four sons in Bainbridge Township, Ohio.
- Author(s)Joe Eszterhas
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.