All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $89.29Trending at AU $102.55
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $49.72Trending at AU $53.97
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.87
- AU $10.00Trending at AU $11.94
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.69
- AU $8.88Trending at AU $12.41
About this product
- DescriptionCrossbow-Isle About four-thousand-years ago, the Elven Planet Phaethon was deliberately destroyed in a fiery infer and a large number of its inhabitants were stranded between the times. From within this void, time did t anymore appear as a consecutive string of events but allowed their minds to access one of the many realities that are attributed to each planet. The lass Ithilhin or Moonchild was born and lived in one of those accessible Realities of planet Earth on a place called Crossbow Isle. Here, Ithilhin, the Moonchild was raised by elves that 'somehow' had come to that island as well. As the ripples of the event that had led to the destruction of Phaeton bounce back and strike the reality where Crossbow Isle is located, ather part of the plot unfolds, coercing Ithilhin and her friends into an intriguingly planned plot, which is spiced with countless mantraps, hilarious to gut-wrenching situations and deadly fights that eventually will guide them to an event that changes this universe and its realities and reverses the adverse influences of the 'One' who had caused the destruction of Phaethon. However, t yet they are able to influence the effects on the planet that the 'One' had isolated and occupied for himself, - the people, and world he had changed to his liking - Earth! Ithilhin Moonchild Ithilhin's mother had died under mysterious circumstances and Morgan her grandmother, who is also the healer of the little village named Willowbee, had given the infant into the care of the Ithil'quessir. Shortly before Ithilhin's 13th birthday, which is also the day when she receives a powerful Elvenstone and her magical talents, she returns to Morgan. That time, events begin to manifest that appear to be quite rmal but clandestinely, they are often controlled by other beings. At the same time, a vicious situation that had been brewing for long aggravates in the rth-farthings of Crossbow Isle, instigated by an apparently greedy and insane Liegelord whose marauding gangs devastating the land in search of an ancient secret. As the escalation threatens to spill all over the island, Ithilhin and her friends are forced to take action. They need to help the people that had lost everything but their lives. However, the deeper they dig, the more surprises surface and it becomes clear, - matters are by far more complicated than they had looked in the first place. Lastly, Ithilhin, w called by her human name 'Enyana', has to deal with the situation. Despite the mighty powers that literally had 'fallen into her hands', she is t allowed to harm her adversary or else, she would lose her powers and talents. It turns out to be a very tough challenge for a child, which requires much skill, intuition, a cunning mind and - an ancient being. Solving that case without harming the culprit brings those involved to the brink of their abilities.
- Author BiographyIrefenia Salgonda was born as the first of three children. Very early, she had developed a passion for writing. Her essays and short stories were circulated amongst friends, later she wrote longer stories but never considered publishing any of them. Once she had met Elensaar, she accompanied him on journeys around the world, which allowed her to outlive her passion and fascination for ancient cultures, their history, and mythology, on four continents. During that time, she studied the English language and mastered it with distinction as foreign-language correspondent. Especially during the time of travelling, she had extensively pursued her writing passion; therefore, it was not much of a wonder as she one day presented the first draft chapters of Ithilhin - Moonchild, which Elensaar liked very much. Together, they developed the idea to the tale of Crossbow Isle, - but this time with aim of publishing it. Elensaar Gelindor. Very early had he developed a passion for Music, Art, and Technology, which guided him all his life to the most unusual places and events. However, as restlessness might have lain in his blood, he followed the example of one of his grandfather's, - who in the early years of his life had migrated to China, - so eventually, he took up an assignment that led him to West-Africa, where he lived for several years. Once he had met Irefenia, for many years they both travelled around the globe in pursuit of business, and lastly settled in Malaysia. After a turbulent time that saw the introduction of new and unusual businesses, they moved to Borneo, where Irefenia surprised him with the first draft chapters of Ithilhin - Moonchild. From that point onwards, they worked out the story's development and the central theme. Lastly, he decided to author Irefenia's red-line-script into the version of this book. His writing style with its stringent adherence to logic and sequencing had now been paired with a style of story telling that considerably aided and influenced the story's flow.
- Author(s)Elensaar Gelindor,Irefenia Salgonda
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication08/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.