Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $13.06Trending at AU $16.63
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
About this product
- DescriptionThe last few decades have seen a revolution in debates about the rationality of Christian belief. Among the array of current options for justifying religious belief, however, nearly every one assumes that a general theory of kwing and a minimal version of theism must be adopted before the rationality of Christian belief can be tackled. In Crossing the Threshold of Divine Revelation William J. Abraham confronts both of these assumptions, arguing that epistemology must begin with its particular target of inquiry -- in Abraham's case the full-blooded canical theism of the early, undivided Christian church. He argues, moreover, that special divine revelation forms a crucial threshold at the entrance to the epistemology of Christian belief. Sure to intrigue philosophers, theologians, and curious students, Abraham's robust vision of Christian faith provides a creative solution to many of the current difficulties in philosophy and theology.
- Author BiographyWilliam J Abraham is Albert Cook Outler Professor of Theology and Wesley Studies at Perkins School of Theology, Southern Methodist University, Texas, USA. His published books include The Logic of Evangelism and Canon and Criterion in Christian Theology.
- Author(s)William J. Abraham
- PublisherWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Date of Publication25/04/2006
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight321 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.