All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThe impact of the Civil War on Georgia was greater than any other event in the state's history. Approximately eleven thousand Georgians were killed and the state suffered more than one hundred thousand in total casualties. Georgia was extremely influential in this nation's most tragic conflict, and the war touched every corner of the state. Based on a comprehensive survey of sites identified by the Georgia Civil War Commission in 2000, Crossroads of Conflict covers 350 historic sites in detail, bringing the experience of the war to life. Written by Georgia Civil War Commission staff members Barry L. Brown and Gordon R. Elwell, this full-color edition of Crossroads of Conflict is an updated and significantly expanded version of the guide released by the state of Georgia in 1994. Crossroads of Conflict is arranged geographically, separating the state into nine distinct regions. Beginning in rtheast Georgia, sites are followed west to east, rth to south. Detailed maps of each region are supplemented by inset maps of urban areas. For each site, the guide provides a detailed history, driving directions, online resources, and GPS coordinates. Color photographs and period images document the locations, which include battlefields (major and mir), POW camps, hospitals, houses, buildings, bridges, cemeteries, and monuments. The war experiences of all Georgians, t just soldiers, are addressed within the guide's informative text, and a detailed chrology is included.
- Author BiographyBarry L. Brown is heritage tourism specialist for the Georgia Department of Economic Development. Gordon R. Elwell is a former program coordinator and administrator for the Georgia Civil War Commission, retired command historian for the Georgia Army National Guard, and is currently historian for the Georgia State Defense Force.
- Author(s)Barry L. Brown,Gordon R. Elwell
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2010
- LanguageEnglish & English
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Content Note65 b&w & 190 colour photos & images, 20 maps
- Weight907 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.