Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis extraordinary bestseller, set in small-town Wisconsin and spanning thirty years, is the story of Judge Melanie Klonecki, the daughter of an abusive and brilliant criminal defense lawyer. Returning to the rural landscape of her youth, Melanie befriends the flamboyant Mildred Steck, a woman who leads an insurrectionist movement and creates an underground railroad for mothers and children whom the courts and child custody laws have failed to protect from domestic violence. Crows Over a Wheatfield is a triumphant fusion of the personal and political -- a controversial, suspenseful story written with rare beauty and insight.
- Author Biography<strong>Paula Sharp</strong> is the author of <em>The Woman Who Was Not All There</em>, <em>The Imposter</em>, and <em>Lost in Jersey City</em>, and a translator of Latin American fiction, including Antonio Skarmeta's novel <em>The Insurrection</em>. Her books have won her the Quality Paperback Book Club's New Voice Award, a National Endowment for the Arts Fellowship, and the Wisconsin Library Association Banta Award. A graduate of Columbia Law School, she practices criminal law in New York.
- Author(s)Paula Sharp
- PublisherHachette Books
- Date of Publication08/08/1996
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHachette Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight735 g
- Width165 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.