All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWho would have guessed that it would have taken an almost fatal car accident to motivate Al and Sunny Lockwood to take a cruise ship vacation to the Panama Canal? Riveted by their near death experience. this charming couple decided to make their bucket list dream cruise vacation come true, and w they want to share it with you! Come along with them as they share intimate details of their 17-day odyssey from San Francisco to Fort Lauderdale via the Panama Canal. Sunny provides the facts. Al adds delicious humor. A perfect recipe for cruise travel fun! Get a firsthand look into what ocean cruising is really like: the service, the staterooms, the entertainment, the surprises, and of course the food -- from endless buffets to amazing gourmet dinners and decadent desserts, Al's enthusiastic descriptions will have your mouth watering. Stand on the bow of Holland America's MS Zuiderdam with Al and Sunny as they share the sights, sounds and feelings of transiting the Canal; watch as the sun rises over the Pacific Ocean and then sets into the Atlantic on the same day. Miraculous! Let Al and Sunny be your guides to exotic ports of call such as: Zihuatanejo, Mexico, Putarenas, Costa Rica, Cartagena, Colombia and Half Moon Cay in the Bahamas. Learn about the building of the Panama Canal and how the locks actually work as huge, modern ships squeeze into 100-year-old chambers to take the world's most famous short cut. What readers and experts are saying about this book: Their writing is inviting, funny, contagious and just flat out a joy to read. Amazon top reviewer William D. Curnett The pages just flew when I picked this book up. Janice Condit Al's descriptions of desserts made me want to rip the pages out and eat them! Karen Zaccheo Finalist in the 2014 National Indie Excellence Awards Whether you are thinking of a Panama Canal cruise, looking for a humorous and heart-felt travel memoir, or are an armchair traveler seeking a fun and entertaining read about cruise travel, you are going to love Cruising Panama's Canal. Order your copy today!
- Author BiographyAl and Sunny Lockwood have traveled by foot, car, rail, air and cruise ship. They've camped in national parks, hiked mountain trails, photographed springtime flowers in Death Valley and explored the rugged beaches of Northern California. And everywhere they go, they capture unforgettable moments -- Al with his camera and Sunny with her reporter's notebook. Their work has been published in magazines and newspapers. Cruising Panama's Canal is their first travel memoir.
- Author(s)Al Lockwood,Sunny Lockwood
- PublisherFront Porch Publishing, LLC
- Date of Publication14/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFront Porch Publishing, LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $49.95Trending at AU $53.79
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $24.93
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $37.99
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $12.39
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $14.93
- AU $19.19Trending at AU $22.17
- AU $12.80Trending at AU $14.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.