Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionMaureen is a pensioner in search of passion. Since her heart was broken by David from Aberdeen - who happened to be a millionaire as well as the world's best lover - she is finding it difficult to meet anyone who can satisfy her. After 33 blind dates and twelve hopeful cruises she is still searching. Her best friend Margaret has had shortage of suitors. But it's Geoff from Shrewsbury who gets her to the altar. Maureen has her doubts - what if Margaret's just on the rebound? And, much more important, will she lose her pension? Cruising was developed using the author's invative verbatim theatre technique: to record interviews with real people, then edit them and replicate them on stage. The result is uncannily hilarious, as all the individual peculiarities of the 'characters' are scrupulously reproduced.
- Author BiographyAlecky Blythe's first play with her company, Recorded Delivery, was Come Out Eli. A 'verbatim theatre' piece about the Hackney siege, it was a smash hit at the Arcola Theatre in 2003 and then transferred to BAC as part of the Time Out Critics' Choice Season in 2004. Other work includes All The Right People Come Here (2005) about Wimbledon Fortnight.
- Author(s)Alecky Blythe
- PublisherNick Hern Books
- Date of Publication15/06/2006
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNick Hern Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight95 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.