All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionAs seen in Cosmopolitan, Elle, O the Oprah Magazine, Redbook, InTouch, People, BUST, on Vogue.com and Harper's Bazaar Online. An Amazon Best Book of the Month in Humor & Entertainment A star-studded collection of essays from acclaimed and bestselling authors and celebrities that illuminates the lasting power of desire and longing, and celebrates our initiation into the euphoria, pain, and mystery that is our first celebrity crush. You never forget your first crush ...CRUSH brings together stories of heartbreak, humiliation, and hilarity from a roster of popular luminaries, including James Franco, Stephen King, Roxane Gay, Jodi Picoult, Emily Gould, and Hanna Rosin, who share intimate memories of that first intense taste of love. Here are funny, whimsical, sometimes cringe-worthy tales of falling head over heels for River Phoenix, Mary Tyler Moore, Howard Cosell, Jared Leto, and a host of other pop culture icons. A few contributors channeled their devotion into obsessively writing embarrassing fan letters. Some taped pics in school lockers. Others decorated their bedroom walls with posters. For tweenaged Karin Tanabe, it was discovering bad boy Andy Garcia-playing the gun-loving mobster Vincent Corleone in The Godfather III. Barbara Graham unsuccessfully staked out an apartment on Park Avenue for a glimpse of her blue-eyed soulmate, Paul Newman. There was only one puppy for six-year-old Jodi Picoult-Donny Osmond-while Jamie Brisick's pre-teen addiction was Speed Racer. Swoon-worthy and unforgettable, the essays in CRUSH will leave you laughing, make you cry, and keep you enthralled-just like your first celebrity crush.
- Author BiographyCathy Alter's feature articles, essays, and reviews have appeared in local and national newspapers and magazines including The Washington Post, Washingtonian, The Atlantic, The Huffington Post, Self, McSweeney's, and SMITH Magazine. Her book, Virgin Territory: Stories from the Road to Womanhood was released in 2004 and her memoir, Up for Renewal: What Magazines Taught Me About Love, Sex, and Starting Over was released in July 2008. She holds an M.A. from Johns Hopkins University, where she is currently a faculty member and nonfiction advisor. Dave Singleton's work has appeared in The Washington Post, Chicago Tribune, PBS's Next Avenue, AARP Media, Yahoo, MSN, the BBC, Washingtonian, Harper's Bazaar, and OUT. His two previous books are The Mandates and Behind Every Great Woman. His honors include the Media Industry Award for Outstanding Exclusive Coverage, GLAAD Award for Outstanding Multimedia Journalism, and two NLGJA Excellence in Online Journalism awards. He's a Caring.com columnist and teaches at The Writer's Center in Washington, D.C. Visit his website www.davesingleton.com and follow him on Twitter @DCDaveSingleton.
- Author(s)Cathy Alter,Dave Singleton
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication05/05/2016
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam Morrow
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight393 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.