All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRichard Siken's Crush, selected as the 2004 winner of the Yale Younger Poets prize, is a powerful collection of poems driven by obsession and love. Siken writes with ferocity, and his reader hurtles unstoppably with him. His poetry is confessional, gay, savage, and charged with violent eroticism. In the world of American poetry, Siken's voice is striking. In her introduction to the book, competition judge Louise Gluck hails the cumulative, driving, apocalyptic power, [and] purgatorial recklessness of Siken's poems. She tes, Books of this kind dream big...They restore to poetry that sense of crucial moment and crucial utterance which may indeed be the great genius of the form.
- Author BiographyRichard Siken lives in Tucson, Arizona. He is cofounder and editor of the literary magazine spork.
- Author(s)Richard Siken
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2005
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleYale Series of Younger Poets
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Weight95 g
- Width140 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Foreword byLouise Gluck
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.