All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionThis book aims to fill the gap created by the lack of formal training in cryosurgery, which leads t only to an underutilization of the technique but also to inappropriate uses with unpleasant consequences for patients. The book covers all practical aspects of cryosurgery and also offers a theoretical foundation for practice. Basic principles, equipment, and techniques are described, and procedures are explained step by step for a range of applications, including common benign lesions, vascular lesions, premalignant conditions, and malignancies. An important feature is the coverage of the latest advances in combination treatments such as topical drugs and cryosurgery, ultrasound and cryosurgery, photography and cryosurgery, cryobiopsy, and immu cryosurgery. Use of cryosurgery as palliative treatment is also discussed, and the closing chapters consider postoperative care, complications, and future directions.
- Author BiographyPaola Pasquali is an internationally recognized expert and lecturer in cryosurgery. Dr. Pasquali was awarded a BA (cum laude) and MA in Biology from Boston University, Mass., and subsequently gained her MD and residency in dermatology and venereology from the Universidad Central de Venezuela, Caracas, Venezuela. She worked as Professor of Cryosurgery at the Luis Razetti Oncologic Hospital in Venezuela and since 2008 she was appointed as coordinator of the Dermatology Department at the Pius Hospital de Valls, Tarragona, Spain, where she teaches cryosurgery to residents in family medicine and dermatologists. She is coordinator of a regional successful teledermatology project and elected Secretary of the International Society of Teledermatology in 2012. In addition, she has been member of the Board of Directors of the Ibero-Latin American College of Cryosurgery and of the International Society of Cryosurgery. Dr. Pasquali has published articles as well as numerous chapters on cryosurgery in prestigious textbooks as well as translated English and Italian dermatology texts to Spanish. She is editor of Skin Cancer: A Practical Approach edited by Springer.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication02/10/2014
- SubjectSurgery: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note33 black & white illustrations, 231 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight894 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byPaola Pasquali
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.