All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPut your cryptic-cracking skills to use! With over 50 puzzles and 1,750 clues for you to conquer, Cryptic Crosswords for Dummies is filled with cryptics that range from (relatively) simple to expert-level, along with brief explanations of the most common types of clues and helpful hints on how to solve them. Used on its own or as a companion to Solving Cryptic Crosswords for Dummies, this book will keep your brain busy for hours! * Apply the basics ? use fundamental rules to solve puzzles * Build your solving skills ? practise consistently on various grid types * Tackle pesky anagrams ? decode anagram clues aplenty * Use sums to find the answer ? add and subtract letters to get the correct word * Detect double definitions ? answer hints with more than one meaning * Explore hidden messages ? become a master at uncovering unseen solutions
- Author BiographyDenise Sutherland is a syndicated puzzle author. Her crosswords, word searches and other puzzles appear in a range of publications around the world, and she has written many puzzle books, including Solving Cryptic Crosswords For Dummies and Word Searches For Dummies.
- Author(s)Denise Sutherland
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication13/11/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings
- Weight148 g
- Width128 mm
- Height179 mm
- Spine13 mm
Most relevant reviews
- moga0068-teceaa...17 Jan, 2017by
Great little book to take on holiday. Lots of puzzles, hints on how to solve them and answers when you are REALLY stumped!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.