All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionToday's pervasive computing and communications networks have created an intense need for secure and reliable cryptographic systems. Bringing together a fascinating mixture of topics in engineering, mathematics, computer science, and informatics, this book presents the timeless mathematical theory underpinning cryptosystems both old and new. Major branches of classical and modern cryptography are discussed in detail, from basic block and stream cyphers through to systems based on elliptic and hyperelliptic curves, accompanied by concise summaries of the necessary mathematical background. Practical aspects such as implementation, authentication and protocol-sharing are also covered, as are the possible pitfalls surrounding various cryptographic methods. Written specifically with engineers in mind, and providing a solid grounding in the relevant algorithms, protocols and techniques, this insightful introduction to the foundations of modern cryptography is ideal for graduate students and researchers in engineering and computer science, and practitioners involved in the design of security systems for communications networks.
- Author BiographyRichard E. Blahut is the Henry Magnuski Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers and the recipient of many awards including the IEEE Alexander Graham Bell Medal (1998), the Tau Beta Pi Daniel C. Drucker Eminent Faculty Award, and the IEEE Millennium Medal. He was named a Fellow of IBM Corporation in 1980 (where he worked for over 30 years) and was elected to the US National Academy of Engineering in 1990.
- Author(s)Richard E. Blahut
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication27/03/2014
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note77 b/w illus. 230 exercises
- Weight1330 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.