All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $38.17
About this product
- DescriptionMost of the 85 designs in Crystal Cave come from the famous Altair Design pattern books created decades ago, but to them have been added the extraordinary pentagonal patterns of the great mathematician Roger Penrose. Each design is based on meticulously created geometric patterns--close-packing circles repeating in square and hexagonal symmetries--that are proven to stimulate the mind and creativity. Like cracks on a wall, they can conjure all sorts of images in the mind's eye, and because of their geometrical precision, any shape found can be found again and again, rotated, and reflected. The same design might be seen as a landscape by some, a flock of birds by others, or as abstract patterns, faces, wild animals, flowers, and many other things. They will provide hours of relaxation, mindful calm, and creative stimulation-- other family of patterns offers more potential for enhancing your visual imagination.
- Author BiographyJohn Martineau is a cosmologist and the publisher of Wooden Books. Roger Burrows has written books on geometry, design, and architectural form, for adults and children. Dr. Ensor Holiday co-created Altair Designs with Roger Burrows. Sir Roger Penrose is an English mathematical physicist, mathematician and philosopher of science, based at the University of Oxford. Haifa Khawaja is a Jordanian architect and artist whose designs are based on Islamic patterns.
- Author(s)Ensor Holiday,Haifa Khawaja,John Martineau,MR Roger Burrows,Rouse Ball Professor of Mathematics Roger Penrose
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Date of Publication01/06/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Series TitleWooden Books
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic USA
- Weight340 g
- Width249 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.