All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.99Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionThe idea of this conference grew out of the rapidly increas ing volume of experimental facts. and theoretical concepts related to the problem of crystal-field effects in metals and alloys. The crystal field plays an important role in the understanding of the energetic level structure of ions in condensed matter. In partic ular, the magnetic properties of rare earth metals and alloys are strongly influenced by the crystal field. In the phemelogical theory the crystal field successfully describes the static and dynamic magnetic properties of these systems. On the other hand the microscopic origin of the crystal field in metals is t yet fully understood. However, recent years have seen some of the areas of crystal-field effects mature to the point that they should be summarized and brought to the active tice of a larger audience. In addition, a number of exciting developments have occured which deserve attention. This book contains 13 invited and 45 contributed papers pres ented at the 2nd international conference on crystal-field effects in metals and alloys held at ZUrich, Switzerland, September 1-4, 1976. Emphasis was placed on the following specific categories of interest: spin waves and excitons, soft modes and critical effects, magnetic properties, physical properties influenced by crystal field effects, actinides and valency. Because the conference was relatively small, about 120 participants, and because the topic was relatively narrow, recent work in the field could be treated thor oughly and the present state of kwledge assessed comprehensively.
- Date of Publication25/02/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, bibliography
- Weight603 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAlbert Furrer
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.