All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis text focuses on the practical aspects of crystal structure analysis, and provides the necessary conceptual framework for understanding and applying the technique. By choosing an approach that does t put too much emphasis on the mathematics involved, the book gives practical advice on topics such as growing crystals, solving and refining structures, and understanding and using the results. The technique described is a core experimental method in modern structural chemistry, and plays an ever more important role in the careers of graduate students, postdoctoral and academic staff in chemistry, and final-year undergraduates. Much of the material of the first edition has been significantly updated and expanded, and some new topics have been added. The approach to several of the topics has changed, reflecting the book's new authorship, and recent developments in the subject.
- Author BiographyWilliam Clegg: Formerly Wissenschaftlicher Assistant at the University of Gottingen in Germany, two Joint Appointments at Daresbury Laboratory, Founding Joint Editor of Acta Crystallographica Section E, BCA Council Member, RSC Corday-Morgan Medal 1985.; Alexander J Blake: Formerly Research Fellow at the University of Edinburgh, previous Chairman of the BCA Chemical Crystallography Group, Deputy Editor of Acta Crystallographica Section C, Vice-President of the British Crystallographic Association, Scientific Director of the BCA CCG Intensive Course on X-ray Structural Analysis. Jacqueline M Cole: Formerly Research Associate at the University of Kent and Junior Research Fellow at St Catherine's College Cambridge, BCA Chemical Crystallography Prize 2000, Franco-British Science Prize 2006, Brian Mercer Feasibility Award 2007, RSC SAC Silver Medal 2009.; John S O Evans: Formally Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851 Research Fellow at the Inorganic Chemistry Laboratories, Oxford, recipient of the RSC Meldola medal for contributions to solid state chemistry, former honorary secretary/treasurer of the BCA Physical Crystallography Group, chair of the ISIS crystallography panel, scientific co-director of the IoP Structural Condensed Matter Physics Group/BCA PCG residential school on powder diffraction. Peter Main: Co-developer of MULTAN program for direct methods in crystallography.; Simon Parsons: Formerly Research Fellow at the University of Oxford and staff crystallographer at the University of Edinburgh, previous Chairman of the BCA Chemical Crystallography Group.; David J Watkin: Coordinator for the program system CRYSTALS, founder of the BCA Intensive Schools, former chairman of the IUCr Computing Commission.
- Author(s)Alexander J. Blake,David J. Watkin,Jacqueline M. Cole,John S.O. Evans,Peter Main,Simon Parsons
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication18/06/2009
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleInternational Union of Crystallography Texts on Crystallography
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 13
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note140 line drawings and halftones
- Weight882 g
- Width193 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byWilliam Clegg
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.