About this product
- Description'This beautiful book is written by an astute 17 year-old with Aspergers Syndrome. It tells some of his life story in his own poetic words; I am sure many of you, with or without Aspergers, will relate to his poetry, photography and illustrations. This book lets us gently into his world and shares with us some of the challenges he faced as an adolescent on the autistic spectrum.' - NAGC Magazine 'A remarkable achievement for a teenager seeking to find his way through the confusion and frustration of living with Asperger syndrome.' - Current Awareness Service This illustrated collection of Luke Jackson's insightful and often poignant poems offers a glimpse of the emotional and visual sensibilities of people on the autism spectrum in their adolescent years - perhaps the most challenging time for anyone with Asperger Syndrome (AS). Luke writes perceptively about identity, struggle, loneliness, love and the pursuit of happiness, and about finding calm amid the often overwhelming confusion and frustration that accompanies AS.
- Author BiographyLuke Jackson is author of the award-winning Freaks, Geeks and Asperger Syndrome, and A User Guide to the GF/CF Diet for Autism, Asperger Syndrome and AD/HD, also published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers. He is 17 years old and has three sisters and three brothers. One of his brothers has AD/HD, one is autistic and Luke has Asperger Syndrome. The Jackson family are the inspiration for the BBC2 drama Magnificent 7, starring Helena Bonham-Carter.
- Author(s)Luke Jackson
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/06/2006
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note30
- Weight127 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.