All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionThis book contains the papers that were presented at the Crystallo- graphic and Modeling Methods in Molecular Design Symposium in Gulf Shores, Alabama, April 30 to May 3, 1989. During the past few years, there has been a burst of activity in this area, especially related to drug design and protein engineering projects. The purpose of the symposium and this book is to provide an up-to- date review of the most recent experimental and theoretical approaches that are being used for molecular design. The book covers several re- cent examples of approaches for using crystallography in conjunction with forefront modeling methods for guiding the development of en- zyme inhibitors and of peptides and proteins with modified biological and physical properties. In addition, this book contains discussions of new approaches for combining crystallographic data and advanced computational techniques for aiding in the design of enzyme inhibitors and other compounds that bind to selected biological targets. This book is therefore of interest t only to molecular biologists and biochem- ists, but is stimulating reading for anyone involved in structural biol- ogy, pharmaceutical chemistry, enzymology, protein engineering, and biotechlogy. The meeting was the third in a series of symposia initiated and spon- sored by the Department of Biochemistry, University of Alabama at Birmingham.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication08/10/2011
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight457 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byCharles E. Bugg,Steven E. Ealick
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1990
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.