All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCuba's impact on world history is impressive. The small Caribbean island has been at the centre of world events. Covering the breadth of the island's history in concise and readable detail, this intelligent, authentic guide begins with the pre-Hispanic period, through to Cuba's struggle to maintain the revolution in the years following the collapse of the Soviet Union and finally ends with Fidel Castro's decision to step down in 2008. Including a bibliography, this essential introduction to Cuba is perfect for anyone searching beyond the cliches of Cuba.
- Author BiographySergio Guerra-Vilaboy, a professor at the University of Havana, obtained a doctorate in history at the University of Leipzig. He is the author of numerous books on Latin American history and is currently the executive secretary of the Association of Latin American and Caribbean Historians. Oscar Loyola-Vega is a professor of history at the University of Havana.
- Author(s)Oscar Loyola Vega,Sergio Guerra Vilaboy
- PublisherOcean Press
- Date of Publication07/10/2010
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintOcean Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight125 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.