All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMagnum photographer Carl De Keyzer went to Cuba and came back with surprising, often tragi-comical pictures of a split country. Fidel Castro on a wall poster, while a man in the same picture wears a T-shirt emblazoned with' FBI'. Four Cubans withdrawing money in a bank, while Che Guevara watches them from a portrait above their heads. In his new photography book, with an introduction by curator and publicist Gabriela Salgado, Carl De Keyzer captures Cuba's duality in pictures. With a master's eye, he paints the picture of a country that is still rooted in communism, while reaching for Western capitalism.
- Author BiographyCarl De Keyzer has been a member of the world renowned photo agency Magnum since 1994. His pictures have been internationally published and exhibited. The permanent threat of decay in modern society and the impact of power on everyday life are frequent themes in his work. Samples of his work can be found at www.carldekeyzer.com Gabriela Salgado is an Argentinian who lives and works in London. She curated a number of exhibitions and has worked for Tate Modern and the Saatchi Gallery. Amongst other things, she has published Contemporary Art in Latin America and Pangaea: New Art from Africa and Latin America.
- Author(s)Carl de Keyzer
- Date of Publication29/06/2016
- Place of PublicationTielt
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- Content Note300 colour
- Weight1157 g
- Width230 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Foreword byGabriela Salgado
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $17.80Trending at AU $22.39
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $44.65
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.27
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.27
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.66
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.