All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis debut vel pokes fun at government cubicle culture through the life and times of a struggling computer programmer/velist wannabe. McPherson surrounds his protagonist, Colin MacDonald, with a cast of screwball characters while he toils away at his government job, struggles with fertility and dreams of becoming a published writer. Recycled air, bad lighting and bizarre environmental office policies by day; scheduled love-making sessions and rejection letters by night, push MacDonald to try to write his way out of his cyclical life story. Part tragedy, part comedy -- with a bit of horror thrown in for fun--McPherson cooks up a boiling plot and a memorable anti-hero.
- Author BiographyChristian McPherson's work has been published in Kiss Machine, Queen's Quarterly, The New Quarterly and dANDdelion. His stories and poems have won several awards and honourable mentions, including the John Spencer Hill Award, the Ottawa Public Library Short Story Award, and the Canadian Poetry Association's Poetry Competition. McPherson lives in Ottawa. He has a degree in philosophy from Carleton University and a computer programming diploma from Algonquin College.
- Author(s)Christian McPherson
- PublisherNightwood Editions
- Date of Publication15/01/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNightwood Editions
- Weight284 g
- Width215 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $23.42Trending at AU $26.67
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.10
- AU $56.62Trending at AU $60.72
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.03
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $19.09Trending at AU $23.88
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.