Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionKeep your enemies close, your family less so...Last year Nat found herself with where to live. She considered sleeping on the bus and washing in the rain but inevitably ended up on her parents' doorstep. It was only for a month, she assured them, if that. She repeated this phrase a lot over the next six months, while the housing market stagnated like a spoilt kid's fish tank, and her life followed suit. While her friends pursued rmal adult lives, Nat was taking packed lunches to gigs and being treated to lectures on Why It's Nice When All The Tins Face Forwards In The Cupboard. ( So we can see what they all are at a glance! ) Nat wouldn't say she and those like her were the real victims of the recession, but it would be nice if you did. Then she would do a tiny, brave smile. A book for anyone who's been forced back to the family nest, parents who can't shake off their adult kids, or anyone who's ever excused themselves from a family gathering for a quick scream into a pile of towels.
- Author BiographyNat won the Chortle Best Newcomer award after just eight months of doing stand-up. She has taken two shows to the Edinburgh Festival, and has written scripts for Channel 4 and Radio 4. She lives in a rented flat in London. Finally.
- Author(s)Nat Luurtsema
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication12/04/2012
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder & Stoughton Ltd
- Out-of-print date27/04/2016
- Weight364 g
- Width156 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.