Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $33.75Trending at AU $36.05
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $34.10
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $28.53
- AU $22.23Trending at AU $30.08
- AU $32.74Trending at AU $33.92
- AU $23.03Trending at AU $38.29
- AU $31.42Trending at AU $34.71
About this product
- DescriptionCuisine Gascon is Michelin-starred chef Pascal Aussignac's exquisitely evocative celebration of the food and culture of his native Gascony. On moving to Britain in the late 1990s, Pascal opened up his award-winning restaurant Club Gascon in London's Smithfield Market. Rapidly acquiring a Michelin star, Club Gascon fast became the place to go to experience some of the best French food in the country - the food of his native South West of France, the very heart of the country's cuisine. Over 100 traditional recipes, some with modern twists and inflections, sit within a sumptuously designed and beautifully photographed book. Unashamedly sensuous food photography is accompanied by evocative images of Gascony, its food and people, from fellow Frenchman Jean Cazals. Cuisine Gascon is a food lover's delight and a cook's heaven - a worthy testament to the talents of both the author and his native land of Gascony.
- Author BiographyPascal Aussignac is a Michelin-starred chef and restaurateur. He cooks in and oversees five award-winning restaurants in London, all of them with a slightly different culinary theme but all of them alluding to and celebrating the food of his beloved homeland of Gascony. Pascal Aussignac's restaurant Club Gascon was awarded a Michelin Star in 2002 and in 2007 was awarded the ultimate peer group accolade of Restaurant of the Year by The Caterer Magazine. The sister restaurants in the Club Gascon group are Comptoir Gascon and Cellar Gascon in Smithfield, Le Cercle off Sloane Street in Knightsbridge and Croque Gascon in the newly opened Westfield Centre in Shepherd's Bush. Pascal Aussignac lives in London just above two of his restaurants in Smithfield.
- Author(s)Pascal Aussignac
- PublisherAbsolute Press
- Date of Publication23/10/2009
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationBath
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAbsolute Press
- Content Notefull colour
- Weight1202 g
- Width196 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.