All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $19.38Trending at AU $21.32
- AU $41.05Trending at AU $44.93
- AU $22.23Trending at AU $30.28
- AU $5.75Trending at AU $9.19
- AU $33.93Trending at AU $35.58
- AU $13.65Trending at AU $14.15
- AU $27.94Trending at AU $28.45
About this product
- DescriptionSalami, goulash, marmalade-filled crepes and many other specialties: this is the best of Hungarian cuisine! From hearty casseroles, meat dishes and sweet baked goods all the way to its most exquisite culinary pleasures, Hungarian cooking offers a wealth of possibilities. The richness of the country's culinary palette is accident: the Orient and the Occident are melded in many typical Hungarian recipes that inspire gourmets to wax enthusiastic about the wonders of Hungarian cuisine. This volume is far more than just a cookbook, however. Commentaries describe the tradition of Hungarian wine culture, introduce Tokaj, the king of Hungarian wines, and relate the fiery history of the pepper. The texts range across the wide plains of the puszta, the cosmopolitan Danubian metropolis Budapest, and the Hungarian landscape with its sandy plains, mountains and wild, romantic forests. Colorful pictures invite readers to participate in a peasant wedding as well as Easter and Christmas feasts - and to try the refined recipes.
- Author BiographyBorn in Budapest, editor Aniko Gergely is the author of numerous articles and publications on culinary themes. She is one of the leading experts on Hungarian cooking.
- Author(s)Aniko Gergely
- PublisherUllmann Publishing
- Date of Publication07/05/2015
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationKonigswinter
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintUllmann Publishing
- Content Note1000
- Weight1247 g
- Width216 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.